Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Anyone know how much this costs?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member BodidoGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've recently talked to comptech. They are testing a cold air box design that I believe is quite similar. It is supposed to be available any day now (for GSR's). I believe they told me it would be $370.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member BodidoGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Zip : "Great Stuff!" That stuff is awesome. I've used it to make molds for all kinds of fiberglass projects. Mostly car stereo stuff. I've thought of building a cold-air box with it, but never followed through. I was planning on just blobbing it on some plastic, making it bigger and bigger. Let it dry. Shape it with a rasp, til it fits just right. Glass the outside. Then, just grind out the foam. I was even thinking of putting dynamat or something in it to keep it stealth.

    [This message has been edited by BodidoGSR (edited November 30, 2000).]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member zip's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I believe your correct, they already have one available for the Civic Si (I'm not 100% sure though).

  4. #14
    Inactive Member hooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 1999
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Larry's original one he built was made of fiberglass. The new production models are some sort of injection molded thermo-plastic. He gave me some tips on building mine a year or so ago. We used a soft plastic rubbermaid garbage can as the mold. Just cut it and used clear packing tape to hold it together. Once it's the shape you want, line the inside with the clear packing tape, and wax the tape (so the fiberglass won't stick). Then a couple of layers, or so, of glass. After that, do your clean-up work (cut holes, mounting points, paint, etc.) I spent 4-5 hours making mine, and about $50.
    View?u973786&ampa7143759&ampp31439985

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 00ITR006's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2000
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well i'm going to home depot, and see if i can come up with something, i'm very interested in making one for myself, I know home depot has to have something i can use...............

  6. #16
    Inactive Member hooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 1999
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is a brand new home depot accross the street from my store. The associates there know me by name.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member zip's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hooper:
    There is a brand new home depot accross the street from my store. The associates there know me by name.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    You said it, Home Depot rocks! I see it as an alternative performance parts store. wink


    ------------------
    Mods

  8. #18
    Inactive Member 00ITR006's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2000
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HAHA, the manager always asks me if i'm here for my house, or buying stuff for my car again... He tells me that he's going to make a seperate department, that has all the parts that could be used for a car, I told him I wanted to put a ceiling fan in my car, if it was possible, and he just laughed... I love that place...

  9. #19
    Inactive Member BlownAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    343
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hooper, I'm with you buddy. I'm using the small Rubbermaid Office Products waste can, #2955. I've cut it in two, so it telescopes and I can set the height. Building the mounting bracket now to raise the bottom a little - I need to clear the A/C lines.
    I might get it done this weekend, if it warms up a little.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •